So it’s fairly obvious I have failed to update my blog in awhile. Journalism school is kicking my butt. The hours are long and by the end of the day I have just enough energy to fall into bed.
Something needs to change because living like this is going to kill me. Plus it’s not fun going to bed at 8pm like a grandma. I want my life back.
So I made a list of things I want to do this summer. This way I can actually enjoy my summer. And I can feel more fulfilled because as I’m learning marks are far from fulfilling. Actually they suck.
Here is my list…
1. Take an art class…I use to be creative and I seem to have lost that.
2. Make my own art for my apartment…getting back my creativity
3. Read 50 Shades of Grey trilogy…don’t judge me. The book is so popular I need to see what all the mommy porn fuss is about. Of course I will be doing so in the privacy of my own home where no one can see what I’m reading.
4. Go to a concert in London…I am failing at exploring my new city.
5. Explore Toronto…There are so many art events I always want to go to and I never find the time to go. So this summer I will go the Picasso art exhibit and the new exhibit on Ballet Costumes.
6. Make my own popsicles…who doesn’t love a summer treat. Plus I read a delicious sounding recipe with lavender and apricot flavoured popsicles. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
7. Take a mini road trip…I am broke so this will be a very mini trip.
8. DIY denim shorts..my favourite jeans ripped. They will now become my favourite shorts.
9. Baking experiment…I once made cupcakes explode in the oven. Not on purpose of course. This summer I will try to become a baker. Clearly I will attempt the popsicles first and judge my proficiency from there.
10. Hair Makeover…my dear friend calls my hair Medusa, so I am going to make an effort everyday to do something fun with my hair. Can you say hair accessories crafts!
And the best part is I’m going to blog about each of my experiences! It’s almost July 1, so two months and counting to finish all ten tasks. Let the mayhem begin.